Reliable locksmith services
Locksmiths usually are categorized at the same category as used car dealers and more. You have probably heard stories of horrific locksmith services.
In addition to the thousands of honest locksmith professionals, there are many who are amateurs and liars.
Here are some tips to help you protect yourself:
- First, find a locksmiths before you need it. Get information from friends and neighbors about businesses that are good and reliable. Include the data in your mobile phone.
- Avoid any companies answering the phone with a common phrase, such as “locking services,” rather than a specific business name.
- Be wary of locksmiths arriving by ordinary cars or vans. Legal locksmiths usually have a van with the company name.
- Ask for an ID with a name and address. Only some countries require that all service calls prove that the locksmiths are licensed.
- Read the price quotes and fees before you get started. Receive a receipt after you pay.
What should you keep in mind before calling a locksmith?
- The name of the company
Many locksmith companies are not locksmith companies at all. They are call centers that receive a request for a locksmith and immediately outsource the work of a local locksmith. These locksmith companies strive to cover as many geographical areas as possible because they can outsource 100% of their work.When they pick up the phone on a call, they try not to mention the company name.When you call for legal locksmith services, the person on the line usually goes by his or her name and company. When you do not hear the name of the company but “Hello, locksmith”, it can be a fake locksmith. Because these call centers contract up to dozens or hundreds of locksmiths, they never want to say the name of the company.
- Beware of organized criminal companies that create locksmith scams nationwide. Be aware, because admitting them to your home can hurt you. Unknowingly handing over your keys, credit card information and address can leave you wide open for additional crimes.
But now you know better. We hope the tips help you distinguish bad locksmiths from good ones.
Save this list as it may be useful when you need them. Use the list of all service providers for a quick idea of what they can do and which are the best choice in locksmith services.
When inquiring about a locksmith professional in Toronto you should always ask if the company holds General liability insurance. Locksmith Express in Toronto and GTA/ Toronto, Etobicoke, Mississauga, North York, East York, Scarborough, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Markham and Oakville is fully insured and offers 1 year warranty on all hardware purchased from the company.